Saturday 24 March 2012

I'm a nurse, not a maid of yours

Today is the 5th day of my clinical attachment.

Frankly speaking,
Tiring? Yes. Physically.
Tiring? Lots. Psychologically.
Conclusion: it wasn't that easy to be a nurse.

Retrieved from: http://www.cartoonstock.com/
Physical tiredness can be cured after a rest.
But, the heart? No.
Disappointment in heart stays.

I feel so tired facing those nasty patients.
Don't you know why are you here?
You're here because you are sick.
You're here because you are in need.
You're here because you are forced to?
Whenever what reason that comes across,
I offer myself to help you.

I care you like my beloved.
But once and again you commanded me to help you.
I'm sorry,
I'm just a nurse,
not your maid.

Stop commanding me, scolding me and criticise me!

Can't you? Please?

If you wish me to serve you only,
I suggest you to get a maid.
She can stand by your side 24 hourly.
And,
that's the main difference between a maid and me.

I'm a nurse, a human!
I do feel tired,
I do feel sad, happy and angry just like you too.
I'm not a superwoman who don't feels tired;
I'm not a robot who have no feelings.

My heart pumps and my blood is red. 
Just like yours.

Dear, 
when you need helps,

I lend you my hands.
With unfalling love and tender I care for you.
Don't you remember?

If you want me to help you, ask politely.
Just because I'm just like you,
deserved to be respected.

No comments: